Hi – thanks for visiting my website! I have spent my life trying to help the world be a better place in whatever ways I can. I’ve enjoyed working for nonprofits, especially cooperatives; working with people’s personal growth as a psychotherapist; presenting many, many workshops for a number of organizations and my own businesses; teaching at our local community college; and singing, on my own and with wonderful groups. I continue to learn about the systems of inequality that run rampant in the US and the world, and to do what I can to make change.
I have enjoyed a 4-pronged career – educator/consultant, psychotherapist, nonprofit manager, and musician. In recent years, I have added webmaster and Zoom consultant to the list.
My skills include:
- Experienced educator/trainer/consultant; developed and presented numerous classes and workshops as college faculty and independent consultant.
- Extensive interpersonal skills as manager, facilitator and psychotherapist; experienced with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Skilled in leadership, project planning and execution, staff supervision, fundraising, finance and grant management.
- Spiritual leader of ceremonies, including weddings, funerals, coming-of-age, baby blessings, solstices, equinoxes and more.
- Creator of music programs and concerts, and workshops about musical topics, produced three music albums, teacher of voice and guitar.
You can find my resume here.
I have also been on a path of spiritual growth since my early 20’s, studying the wisdom of many traditions, including Wicca, Native American teachings, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity and others. I believe deeply that each person has her/his own truth, and I honor and respect the personhood and spirit of all people.
This is a picture of my ordination by Reverend Daniel Chesboro, The Sanctuary of the Beloved.
This is Maharajji, my spiritual teacher.
This is Gwendolyn Jansma, my spiritual mentor.
Layla Ananda Ann Arbor, Michigan firstname.lastname@example.org